Acupuncture treatments have long been associated with pain alleviation but this traditional Chinese medicine can also be used to rejuvenate skin. Cosmetic acupuncture, also known as facial rejuvenation acupuncture, is a natural alternative to invasive cosmetic surgery that provides many of the same results. Chicago Healers Practitioner Dr. Monica Talebnia explains how this procedure works and its associated benefits.
- The practice of cosmetic acupuncture has been used in Hollywood for years with celebrity fans including Angelina Jolie, Sean Connery, Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- A holistic medicine practitioner places a series of ultra-fine painless needles into and around wrinkles, facial muscles and pressure points. The placement of these needles increases collagen production as well as blood and lymph circulation to the face and scalp.
- Benefits include the prevention of wrinkle formation, minimization of fine lines and improvement in the process by which skin regulates its quality and appearance. Cosmetic acupuncture additionally accelerates anti-inflammatory activity and removes toxins from the skin, resulting in a youthful glow.
- Cosmetic acupuncture may help a variety of skin worries including wrinkles, brow furrows, sagging skin, a drooping jaw line, age spots, acne, crow’s feet and many more.
- This procedure is generally offered through holistic health practitioners and at certain spas. Results are not immediate and patients often schedule cosmetic acupuncture in cycles of 10 treatments. Talk to your practitioner to determine what treatment plan is best for you to achieve beautiful, glowing skin.
About ChicagoHealers.com-Chicago Healers (www.ChicagoHealers.com) is the nation’s pioneer prescreened integrative health care network, offering a comprehensive understanding of each practitioner’s services, approach, and philosophy. Our holistic health experts teach and advocate natural and empowered health and life choices through their practices, the media, educational events, and our website. With close to 200 practitioners and over 300 treatment services, Chicago Healers has provided nearly 400 free educational events for Chicagoans and has been featured in 300+ TV news programs and print publications. For more information, visit www.ChicagoHealers.com.