by Dr. Melody Hart, PhD, N.D.
Research indicates that the pomegranate has the capacity of antioxidant
that is two or three times higher than that of red wine and green tea. They
have very high content of punicalagins, a potent anti-oxidant component
found to be responsible for its superior health benefits. They are also a
good source of vitamin B (riboflavin, thiamin and niacin), vitamin C,
calcium and phosphorus. These combination and other minerals in
pomegranates cause a powerful synergy that prevents and reverses many
The following common ailments are known to react positively with the use of pomegranate or its juice:
- Anemia: Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with a little honey to a cup
of pomegranate juice. Can be beneficial for women after monthly loss of
blood due to menstruation.
- Anti-aging: We all know that anti-oxidant is highly effective in helping
to protect the skin from free radical damage known to cause signs of aging.
- Asthma: The high content of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in this fruit is a
powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It can greatly reduce wheezing in young
children with asthma.
- Atherosclerosis: The highly cleansing power of this miracle juice scrubs
away the old build-up of arterial deposits, reducing the risks of heart
diseases and stroke.
- Cholesterol: Drinking juices high in anti-oxidant has been proven to
fight the oxidative stress that is the main culprit in oxidizing the LDLs in
- Dysentery: Drinking fresh pomegranate juice is an excellent remedy to
soothe the pain and inflammation caused by severe diarrhea with blood and
mucus in stools.
- Immune booster: The anti-oxidant nutrients in pomegranates are critical
in building up your immune system. Drink juice high in anti-oxidant when
you feel a cold coming.
- Morning Sickness/nausea: Mix and drink an equal amount of honey with
pomegranate juice for relief.
- Sore Throat: The anti-inflammatory agent in pomegranate juice
significantly reduces soreness and redness in the throat.
For more information go to www.ChicagoHealers.com