Those tasty Thanksgiving leftovers may now be a fond memory, but for many of us, they foretell the beginning of a stressful holiday season when it is easy to inadvertently pack on a few extra pounds. Delectable goodies will be dancing before us well into the New Year So, if you found your clothing a bit tight after that sumptuous turkey repast, now is the time to implement a strategy and avoid your own personal holiday spread.
“None of us are immune to the pressures of the holiday season. This time of year brings many opportunities and one of those is the opportunity to over indulge. We may think we are only going to have one piece of mom’s apple pie or cheesecake but how many of us are content to stop there?” asks Dr Denise Lamothe, author of The Taming of the Chew. Dr. Lamothe recommends the following strategies to avoid emotional eating over the upcoming holidays:
1. Identify your support network and decompress with them frequently. Don’t let your emotions eat you and then fuel your eating.
2. Dedicate some time each day just for yourself. Delegate some of those holiday tasks.
3. Pay special attention to your body. Include rest, pure water, protein, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates in your holiday lifestyle. Make sure you move your body every day.
4. Take advantage of the many benefits of the Bach® Original Flower Remedies, an all-natural healing system which provide a calming positive energy to help balance emotions and restore energy. The additional stress of the holidays makes our bodies produce excess cortisol, leaving us more vulnerable to overeating and weight gain. And, since the holidays are emotional times, it is often easier to feed ourselves than to cope with our feelings. Try these three remedies to help you deal with a few common emotions that contribute to emotional eating:
- Cherry Plum will allow you to stay in calm control, even when you feel like grabbing an extra slice of pie
- Crab Apple, the cleansing remedy, will help you feel better about your body, especially when you feel embarrassed or disgusted because those pants are a bit tight
- Chestnut Bud can help you change self destructive behavior patterns so you can choose healthier options at the buffet table).
The Bach Original Flower Remedies are convenient and may be taken anywhere, anytime to relieve everyday moods, stress, worries, and anxiety. Formulated 70 years ago by the noted British physician, Dr. Edward Bach, the remedies are used in over 66 countries worldwide by millions of people. The all-natural remedies, derived from flowering plants and trees, are safe and effective and may even be used with infants, the elderly and animals without side effects. There are 38 different remedies to choose from to help restore emotional balance as well as Rescue Remedy (the most recognizable composite formula from Bach) a blend of five BFR remedies to manage general holiday stress. If you find other reasons for your emotional eating this holiday season, simply fill out the questionnaire at your local health food store (call 1-800-314-BACH for a free copy) or log on to www.bachquiz.com and create your own personal formula.
How to take the Bach Original Flower Remedies:
Take 2 drops of each remedy straight from the bottle or diluted into any beverage. Sip at intervals. Or create a personal combination by mixing up to 7 single remedies. Add two drops of each chosen remedy to a 30ml mixing bottle, top up with spring water and take four drops per dose at least four times a day. Alternatively, the remedies can be rubbed onto the lips, behind the ears or on the temples and wrists.
Bach Original Flower Remedies and Rescue Remedy are available nationally at your local health food store or online at www.bachessences.com
Nelsons is the UK’s leading manufacturer of natural medicines, with a long-standing commitment to supplying the highest quality to meet all regulatory and quality standards. A manufacturer of homeopathic medicines since 1860, Nelsons has over 140 years of solid homeopathic experience, and has earned the distinction of being a worldwide leader in their field. If you wish to find out more about the Bach Original Flower Remedy system please visit: www.bachessences.com or call (800) 319-9151.